I provide psychotherapy in the Kitchener-Waterloo Region including offering marriage and family therapy as a clinical fellow of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), and a clinical member of the Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT).
As a Certified EMDR Therapist for many years, I specialize in working with a range of traumatic experiences including domestic violence and sexual abuse, among others. I have also worked extensively with couples and families, as well as with newcomers to Canada, assisting them to adapt to life in a new country. I strongly believe in the human ability for growth and improvement. My training includes post graduate work with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute in the treatment of PTSD and attachment (Level 2), as well as extensive training with the Gottman Institute in couples/marital therapy.
I am bound by confidentiality in the client-therapist relationship, except in situations where legal requirements take precedence. By law I am required to report suspicion of abuse of children and vulnerable adults (physical, sexual, emotional, domestic, financial, neglect, or intent to harm self or others).
- Registered Social Worker, Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Registered Marriage and Family Therapist, and Clinical Fellow of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, Ontario Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Registered Marriage and Family Therapist with the Canadian Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Registered member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers
- Certified EMDR Therapist (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
For more information, contact:
- The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- The Ontario Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (OAMFT)
- The Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW)
- The Canadian Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (CAMFT)
- The American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- The Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute (SPI)
- The EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- EMDR Canada
How do I get the most out of counselling?
I would encourage you to read this clear and concise article that offers some suggestions about ways to improve counselling outcomes.
Social work services are often fully or partially covered by extended health insurance plans. Please check with your insurance provider regarding coverage and claim procedures.
I would welcome the opportunity to work with you and help you to achieve your goals.
Intake sessions are one hour and thirty minutes $225
Subsequent sessions are 50-60 minutes long $150
Session fees are to be paid prior to the session via e-transfer
A receipt will be provided after the end of the session.
Tuesday and Wednesday evenings
Saturday 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Kitchener-Waterloo Region, Ontario